1951 was the opening year of Appleton Arena
$1 million needed to name the Men's Team Suite after Joe Marsh
Learn more about The Joe Marsh Challenge!
Check out photos of the Appleton Arena Renovations!
St. Lawrence University announced that an additional $1 million gift was received from a generous anonymous donor for the Appleton Arena Renovation.Read More
Renovations have begun on St. Lawrence University’s historic Appleton Arena.Read More
To help fund the Appleton construction and renovation, we have identified several naming opportunities. Donors to the project will be recognized for their generous support with a named space in the building. These places will be visited frequently by Laurentians and other Saints fans for generations to come.
New construction will house facilities (from indoor training to locker rooms) for lacrosse, rowing, softball, and field hockey teams. This space also houses a coaches’ strategy room, players’ lounge, video/media center, rowing space, erg space, training and treatment center—with hydro baths and trainer’s office, an equipment and laundry room, and auxiliary locker rooms and wet rooms.
The heart of the renovation, this large area includes men’s and women’s Division-I hockey locker rooms, coaching offices, the training center, media center and more. The donor’s name will be prominently displayed off the Lobby and the North side corridor.
1) Michael “Buddy” Cornacchia ’74 Strength and Conditioning Center - Named by Thomas C. Dolan ’74 and The Dolan Family Foundation
2) Hockey Ice Surface - $2,500,000
3) Main Entry and Lobby - $1,500,000
4) Men’s Hockey Team Suite - $1,000,000
5) Women’s Hockey Team Suite - $1,000,000
6) Multi-Media and Meeting Room - Named by Richard F. Jr. ’64 & Gail Stradling
7) Home Team Bench - $250,000
8) Athletic Training and Treatment Center - Men’s & Women’s Hockey - $250,000
9) Players’ Lounge - Inside Men’s Team Suite - $150,000
10) Players’ Lounge - Inside Women’s Team Suite - $150,000
11) Visitor/Auxiliary - Locker Rooms - $150,000
12) Saints Store - Retail space in main lobby - $150,000
13) Box Office/Administrative Offices - $100,000
14) Penalty Box - Sin Bin - $100,000
15) Turf Training Area - $100,000
16) Equipment Room - $100,000
1) Legends of Appleton Gallery - Named by the Torrey and MacAllaster families
2) East Club - Facing Hall-Leet Stadium and Leckonby Stadium - $500,000
3) Alumni and Recruiting Lounge - Named by Eric ’78 and Lori Ankerud
4) The Studio - Web broadcasting, TV, and radio booth - $250,000
5) Concession Stand - $100,000
With additional gifts and the selection of a construction management firm, renovations to St. Lawrence University’s NCAA Division I hockey arena are on track to begin this spring. Construction will start following the conclusion of the 2018-19 hockey season.Read More
Appleton Arena is about to change. The things that give the arena its indelible character—the wooden seats and arched, wooden ceiling—will remain, but the home of the NCAA Division-I St. Lawrence Skating Saints is going to get much, much bigger.Read More
St. Lawrence University has received two significant financial commitments that make plans to renovate historic Appleton Arena a reality.Read More